Peace be with you.
The general mission of the White Robed Monks of St. Benedict is to let the world be a more compassionate place. Our purpose is to provide you with some information that you may find useful in your relationship. We offer you this packet for your compassionate health and well-being.
If you find this information helpful and want to assist us in maintaining this service, may we suggest a US$25.00 donation in the form of a check made payable to White Robed Benedictines; please mail to: Post Office Box 27536; San Francisco CA 94127-0536. If you wish to make a donation by PayPal, please refer to About Making a Donation. (In the USA, your donation may be considered tax deductible as the IRS recognizes the WRBs as a publicly supported (religious) organization.)
When you have completed this Marriage Packet, we ask that you complete an evaluation and give us your feedback on the Marriage Packet Evaluation and Feedback Form which you may also access at the end of the packet itself.
If you wish to communicate with us, please contact Father Abbot.
Peace and Joy to you and yours!
The White Robed Monks of St. Benedict
Marriage Packet: Introduction
Part I. Why We Marry: The Merry Dance of Life (Only But One View)
- How It Happens
- Becoming Conscious: A Turning Point on the Journey
- Commitment to Healing
- Characteristics of a Conscious Relationship
- Relationships Consciously Considered
- General Statement about Reality
- Key Idea: Change The Message
- Double-Bind Messages that Don't Work
- Fully Responsible Statements that Work
- Real/Ideal and Actual Statements of Reality
- Self-Sabotaging Relationship Fears
- Banal Male/Female Conditioned Habit Communication Patterns
Part II. Surrendering: Only Just Sit (Only But One Practice)
- Letter of Introduction: Meditation Practice
- Principles of Seated Meditation
- Meditation and Daily Life
- Meditation and Health
- Meditation: Practice Makes Perfect
Part III. The Marriage Relationship (Only But One On-going Process)
- The Ten Predictable Crisis of Marriage
- Tips for Better Health
- "Can We Talk?
- How to Write a Love Letter
Marriage Packet Evaluation and Feedback Form